It’s never to early to start thinking about the weekend. With life keeping you busy between to-do lists and kids activities, it’s easy to miss out on quality time in your hot tub as well simply spending time outdoors. We’ve come up with a list of few for you to enjoy, but feel free to add to our list.
1. Take a hike in the beautiful mountains that surround our city, the Chugach! When was the last time you hike up Flattop?
2. Have a picnic either in the mountains or by the ocean, stream or a lake. Anchorage has plenty of lakes (from Jewel Lake right in the city to Rabbit Lake up in the mountains) that you can enjoy with family and friends.
3. Go for a bike ride at Kincaid single track trails or maybe a simple stroll on the paved coastal trail. Either way you’ll be happy you did.
4. Practice yoga in the park. During the summer (June 5 – July 31) you can enjoy free yoga at Delaney Park Strip. All you have to is show up and don’t forget your mat (this is a weekday activity).
5. Go find the perfect patio in Anchorage. With the help of your smarthphone and some useful apps like Yelp and Foursquare you’re well on your way in the search of finding the best outdoor dining experience. What’s your favorite outdoor patio in town? And of course at the end of a day in the outdoors what better way to end with than with a soak in your hot tub.